Website Opiant Pharmaceuticals
UK Staff Accountant
This position is based in the United Kingdom
Opiant Pharmaceuticals, Inc., the company that developed NARCAN® Nasal Spray, is building a leading franchise of new medicines to combat addictions and overdose. We are a publicly traded company, listed on the NASDAQ exchange under the ticker symbol OPNT. At Opiant, we envision a world where addictions are recognized as diseases of the brain and treated like other chronic medical conditions. We are applying science and technology to address some of the most serious conditions affecting our communities, including opioid overdose and opioid use disorder; acute cannabinoid overdose; and alcohol use disorder. We aspire to be the leading life science company in this field of healthcare. For more information visit: www.opiant.com.
The UK Staff Accountant for Opiant Pharmaceutical will oversee and manage the company’s accounts payable cycle, from procurement to payment, as well as support monthly and general accounting close including journal entry preparation, accrual analysis, balance reconciliation, inter-company reconciliation.
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage all R&D accounts payable process.
- Thorough review and accurate input of supplier invoice details in NetSuite, including the accuracy of general ledger account, department and project coding.
- Actively research all past due balances.
- Keep vendor files current, including tax identification numbers, names, addresses, telephone numbers, banking information, payment terms and tax status.
- Be the go-to resource on all questions/queries related to supplier invoicing.
- Research supplier expenses and analyze expenses as requested.
- Work with outside accountants on UK statutory reporting.
- Reconcile UK debit and credit cards using 3rd party provider.
- Prepare and process UK payroll with PayPlus.
- Manage UK Pension program.
- Daily reconcile the general ledger cash to bank activity.
- Determination of weekly AP disbursements to be made and timely processing of payments.
- Prepare assigned month end journal entries and assist in month end account reconciliations.
- Prepare annual P11D forms for reporting.
- Assist in contract management for U.S. government grants and contracts associated with R&D efforts.
- Pro-actively assist with tasks and ad hoc projects.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Two years of general accounting experience with additional experience in accounts payable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Word, Excel.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Detail-focused and the ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems.
- Action and team oriented.
Opiant offers attractive and competitive benefits, exciting development opportunities and a great atmosphere. You will be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and highly motivated team.
Opiant Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Opiant embraces diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion. We support employees who are in recovery from substance use disorders. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace where we work to the following ‘O-P-I-A-N-T’ standards: open-minded, professional, innovative, accountable, nimble and trustworthy.