Senior Marketing Manager
U.S. – Specific location flexible
Opiant Pharmaceuticals, Inc., the company that developed NARCAN® Nasal Spray, is advancing medicines to better treat substance use disorders and drug overdose. More than 20 million people in the United States live with a substance-use disorder, while only 10% of those affected receive treatment for their condition. In 2020, drug overdose deaths nationwide hit the highest number ever recorded. To address the diverse and mounting demands of modern-day substance use, Opiant is advancing a pipeline of scientifically informed treatment approaches for opioid use disorder and overdose, alcohol use disorder and acute cannabinoid overdose. At Opiant, we know it takes more than medicine and are also leveraging our social impact initiatives to support SUD and overdose awareness, care and prevention. For more information visit: www.opiant.com.
The Senior Marketing Manager will play an integral role in supporting the potential commercial launch of OPNT003, nasal nalmefene, for opioid overdose.
The misuse of opioids, including prescription pain relievers, heroin and illicitly manufactured synthetic opioids such as fentanyl, is a serious public health crisis in the United States. Overdose deaths are perhaps the most visible manifestation of the opioid crisis.
During the COVID pandemic, overdose deaths and injury have surged to previously unseen levels. Deaths related to synthetic opioids play a significant role in these explosive increases. Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid 100 times more potent than morphine, stands apart from heroin and other semi-synthetic opioids by its high potency, rapid onset, and prolonged effect. Worryingly, fentanyl and its kind display much lowered sensitivity to naloxone, the current standard of care.
Leadership at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has called for stronger, longer-acting opioid antagonists to fight this crisis. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), and the Biological Advanced Research and Development Agency (BARDA), have each provided financial support to Opiant’s lead development program for OPNT003, nasal nalmefene. In clinical research, nasal nalmefene demonstrated potential to work quickly and last longer than available treatments. Currently, we are comparing head-to-head the effectiveness of nasal nalmefene with nasal naloxone to reverse the respiratory depression produced by the synthetic opioid, remifentanil. If the data supports it, we anticipate filing nasal nalmefene for FDA approval, and if approved, we hope to have it available for use later in 2022.
As we continue to progress toward a potential approval, we are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to be a key member of our commercial team, with accountability
to pull through our launch strategy across target market segments.
From a customer perspective, at a high-level, the market can be broken down into two large segments: the public interest segment and the retail segment.
The public interest segment includes: State Departments of Health, Police Departments, Emergency Medical Services Departments, Community Organizations and Corrections Facilities.
The retail segment includes pharmacists, psychiatrists, addiction medicine specialists, pain specialists, primary care physicians and some emergency room physicians who discharge overdose patients with a prescription for an opioid overdose reversal agent.
Your key responsibilities
- Seamless pull through of strategy across target market segments
- Assessment of competitive advertising and communication materials
- Collaboration with the Executive Director of Marketing and the Agency of Record (AOR) to develop the message platform, disease state campaign and branded campaigns
- Leadership and management of the tactical execution of the disease state and branded campaigns. This will include, but not be limited to:
- web site build
- direct email campaigns
- banner advertisements
- social media placements
- conference material creation, execution and pull through
- core selling aid for the public interest sales force
- objection handler
- customer relationship management platform
- print and out-of-home campaign (TBD)
- pharmacist engagement strategy
- Leadership and management of the legal review and approval process
- Development and tracking of key performance indicators to measure brand success at the strategic and tactical level
- Operational PO / invoice owner / budget tracking
- Overall project management (on-time, on-budget, on-strategy)
What you’ll bring to the role:
- College degree or above
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Exemplary cross functional/ team leadership and collaboration
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience managing external partners such as agencies, consultants, and vendors
- Commitment to executing on-time, on-budget and on-strategy
Opiant Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Opiant embraces diversity, equal opportunity, and inclusion. We support employees who are in recovery from substance use disorders. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace where we work to the following ‘O-P-I-A-N-T’ standards: open-minded, professional, innovative, accountable, noble and trustworthy.